Thursday, July 3, 2008

Some things...

Here are some good things:

I got Super Smash Bros Brawl. Actually, my 9 yr old brother got Super Smash Bros Brawl, and because I'm on holidays, I have taken it upon myself to unlock every character, level, pointless sticker and seemingly useless CD the game has to offer. I was previously a Kirby kinda person, but, let's face it, Pit has wings. Pit has WINGS. Sure, Kirby can fly, but HE doesn't have WINGS. Pit has wings, so Pit beats Kirby.
Logic.
So, the new Smash Bros is quite good. Usually I dislike cut-scenes with a passion that borders on hate, but the cut-scenes in the Adventure mode of SSBB are oddly compelling. The animation is better quality than anything I've seen on Wii for a while (well, since Twilight Princess to be honest), and it's sort of funny to see Princess Peach batting her eyelashes at Solid Snake. It's that sort of crossover that makes Super Smash Bros so wonderful.
Adventure mode itself is a bit unsettling, more because I am entirely freaked out by the presence of an adventure-type experience contained in any Smash Bros game. Smash Bros just doesn't say "Adventure!" to me. Honestly, anyone who considers the so-called 'Adventure' mode in Melee an actual adventure game has serious gaming deficencies. A story line, such as the vague semblence of one in Brawl, is appreciated.
Overall, Smash Bros really can't lose. There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you beat your 12 year old sister in a Vs Match, and sadly, that doesn't happen often. Of course, SSBB has it's fair share of bad reviews, but we're all entitled to an opinion.

Some bad things:

Mum is telling all her friends that I have to drive slowly past parked cars because I haven't quite mastered the art of not crashing into stationary objects.
Geez, Mum.

1 comment:

Hame said...

It really does rule, no matter what Yahtzee says about it. Driving's overrated- it's for those who can't walk.